Re: Sound on Sun Blade 1000

   From: Lennart Poettering <lennart@poettering.de>
   Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 12:44:34 +0100

   How do I get sound support working on my Sun Blade 1000? Whenever I
   try "modprobe trident" i get the following error:

First of all I assume you mean "SunBlade 100", because SunBlade-1000's
lack any onboard audio.

   <snip>
   Trident 4DWave/SiS 7018/ALi 5451,Tvia CyberPro 5050 PCI Audio, version
   0.14.9d, 02:41:52 Dec 15 2001
   trident: architecture does not support 30bit PCI busmaster DMA
   </snip>

   How can I fix this? Anybody can help me?

Someone undid that fix I originally made for this :-(

To get your stuff working just "#if 0 ... #endif" comment
out these lines in drivers/sound/trident.c:

	if (pci_set_dma_mask(pci_dev, TRIDENT_DMA_MASK)) {
		printk(KERN_ERR "trident: architecture does not support"
		       " 30bit PCI busmaster DMA\n");
		goto out;
	}

Franks a lot,