Re: Solaris emulation with 2.4.x ?

On Fri, 2001-10-12 at 07:43, Marcus Crafter wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> 	Just wondering if anyone has managed to get Solaris binary
> 	emulation working under Debian with any of the 2.4.x kernels ?
> 	So far I've had no luck with the documentation at www.ultralinux.org.
>
> 	What kind of solaris applications have people been using under sparc
> 	linux ?

ls and du and that kinda stuff work ok.  still have not gotten any X
apps working...always errs saying cannot connect to display :0 or some
such thing...

uname is cute to run :)

the docs are sparse, but correct.  all fell into place for me once I got
the right libraries and directory structure into place (used solaris 2.7
stuff).

If you look in the kernel source code, only about half of the solaris
sys calls are implemented, so don't expect anything too complicated to
work.

-tduffy