RE: Starting to get peeved !!

I did this and it still didn't work but it didn't make a difference, now I
have

> /sda1	linux native		850Mb	/
> /sda2	linux swap	u	450Mb	<swap>
> /sda3	whole disk		1300Mb
>
> /sdb1	linux native		800Mb	/usr
> /sdb2	linux native		500Mb	/var
> /sdb3	whole disk		1300Mb
>
> /sdc1	linux native		340Mb	/home
> /sdc2	linux native		100Mb	/storage
> /sdc3	whole disk		440Mb

Unless the u/r (mount/read only) flags are supposed to be something other
than what I have used. I am completely at a loss for why it doesn't work.

What should my PROM have? If the debian install can't make the system boot
off the hard disk maybe I can't point the PROM boot to it. I know I have to
set it up with a -
	"set-env boot (xxxx)"
but I haven't the foggiest what the xxxx is.

Im pretty sure that first hard drive is SCSI ID 3.

Is there a PROM tutorial somewhere ?

  Damian Del Campo,  B.Eng (Comp Sys - Hons)
  Software Engineer,  SAGRN Project
  Phone  	08 8401 7037	(Flinders St)
  Fax      	08 8231 1385
  E-mail  	Damian.DelCampo@team.telstra.com