Installation of Woody crashes on Ultra 1

Hi everybody.

I have to problems with my > 20 Ultra1 I have to set up.

Half of the machines still have an older OpenBoot-version (v3.5). On these
machines I can't get the kernel to boot (I boot via TFTP). After unpacking
of the image and the line "Remapping kernel" nothing happens anymore. The
other half (with OpenBoot v3.11) boots fine. Any solution? (The obvious
one is to upgrade the firmware but I don't know how and I don't have
access to Solaris 8 which is able to do this upgrade)

My second problem is that Woody crashes during the installation. After
partitioning my hard disk and installing the drivers all the essential
packages are downloaded. It than starts unpacking these packages an locks
up. The shell on the second console doesn't respond either. I can still
switch consoles though. Has anyone a solution for this problem? It very
effectively prevents me from installing Woody...

By the way: I've successfully installed Potato on both Ultra1 types
(OpenBoot 3.5 or 3.11).

Any help would be much appreciated.

--
 ==> Ciao, Mosu (Moritz Bunkus)