Re: Solaris Binaries

On Tue, 1 May 2001, Ben Collins wrote:

> It can't find the Solaris dynamic linker, which needs to be in /lib (as
> ld.so or ld.so.1, can't remember).
>
> Also, to find the other libraries, you need to either set
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH, or put them in /usr/lib. You can also copy all the
> Solaris stuff to another directory and chroot to it.
Is there a step-by-step howto for this.  I wonder where I could obtain
those libraries etc.
I have to run

       http://sunsolve.sun.de/private-cgi/show.pl?target=resources/explorer

to detect a possible hardware problem and have no Solaris on my box.
Running it under Linux would be great but might be a problem for such
harware related stuff.  Any experiences?

Kind regards

        Andreas.