Re: Mozilla on sparc

Janine Restis writes:

 > > > My Mozilla is not just slow. Image you click on something (not
 > > > necessarily in the web, but also the task buttons). Then you _hear_
 > > > something is happening, but... then you have to wait about 30-60 seconds
 > > > to _see_ what it's doing. That's not really usable...
 > >
 > > That is what is happening to me too.
 > >
 > > I telnet to the Sparc box, start the program, let it load the start page
 > > and then move to another virtual desktop.  When I get back to the
 > > original virtual desktop the mozilla window takes minutes to refresh.
 > > Same thing with Netscape.  Sometimes it takes a while to happen, visit a
 > > couple of pages with images and you will be able to reproduce it.

Well, I have a clone of SS20. The same thing happens: mozilla is too
slow to be useable. It takes many second, a minute pehaps, just to
refresh a screen.

In the past, this machine has been used for a lot of computational
work. It runs netscape up to version 3.x reasonably fast. Netscape is
also very slow, by still faster than mozilla. Anyhow, netscape now
segfaults, perhaps after some libc6 upgrade, just notice it because I
don't launch unless it is absolutely necessary. (There is also some
posts on the sparc list on this subject.

--
PHAM Dinh Tuan                         | e-mail: Dinh-Tuan.Pham@imag.fr
Laboratoire de Modelisation et Calcul  | Tel: +33 4 76 51 44 23