Re: Mozilla on sparc

On Tue, 24 Apr 2001, Eduardo Trapani wrote:

> Both the stable Mozilla and the one at
> pandora.debian.org/~robots101/mozilla run incredibly slow on my Sparc
> Station 4m.  Other X applications seem to run OK, but Mozilla just
> crawls so that it seems it is not working.

Somehow that doesn't surprise me. It's sluggish and bloated even on my 750MHz
Athlon with 256M RAM and a Matrox G400. Mozilla is a pig. Try Konqeror from the
KDE project. I haven't tried much X stuff on my LX (mouse doesn't want to work),
but it's certainly much quicker on my Athlon workstation.

--
Ian Tester   *8)#          \7\    LINUX: because geeks will find a way