Re: Mozilla on sparc

    > Other than that, I have it all up on
    > http://www.sunsparc.org/linux/ if you wanna give it a shot you
    > just need the "netscape-common*.deb" and either the
    > "netscape-communicator*.deb" or the "netscape-navigator*.deb"
    > file.  Also, I have RH's "netscape.sh" script there if you wanna
    > look at it or use it.

    > Good luck. :)

Hmm, this gives me a bus error that same as the other version.
It seems to be a glibc issue, Netscape compiled it against 2.0
and I have 2.2 on my Woody system.  What version of Debian are you
running?  Perhaps something can be done for compatibility with the old
libraries (see /usr/doc/libc6/FAQ.gz).  I'll play with that tonight.

Another option that many people seem to be able to do is to run the
SunOS binary under Linux.  Unfortunately I haven't been able to try
this yet, as I still need at least one more SunOS library (libdl.so)
for emulation.  I've found the other libraries in sunsolve patches
since I haven't been able to restore my SunOS dump tapes (someone on
this list recommended www.sun3arc.org, but they seem to have only sun3
architecture libraries which do not work).

I can sure say that Mozilla is far too slow to be usable on an SS5.
Netscape would be nice.

--
Kelsey Jordahl