Re: missing /dev/cdrom on woody

On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 04:36:41PM -0600, T Korte wrote:
> I have installed Woody on an Ultra1 and there is no /dev/cdrom so I
> can't access the cd drive.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to go about creating it?
> "MAKEDEV cdrom" doesn't do it.  Will I have to do a mknod as well?

It's not a device but a symlink to the real CDROM device. Usually "ln
-s scd0 cdrom" or in the /dev directory fixes the problem on Sun
hardware. Can't remember if an Ultra1 uses SCSI, so it might be that
the link has to point to one of the IDE devices (hda-hdd).

Erik

Phone: +31-15-2783635  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email: J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl