Re: SS20 serial port woes

Mandi! Philippe Troin
  In chel di` si favelave...

>   1. When the machine is at runlevel 2, I can start minicom, login via
>      the serial console. If I close minicom without logging off, my
>      session stays pending there, waiting for the next person to run
>      minicom.

Sorry, i've no answer to this...

>   2. Sometimes, the machine will go back to the OpenPROM prompt
>      without any reasonable cause. This happens whether or nor minicom
>      is attached to the serial console... If minicom is attached, I
>      can see the following output:

...but for this... i've a PC attached via serial line to a SS10, and
also my SS10 hangs (i found now and then the ``ok'' prom prompt).
Simply i've noticed that halt/boot my PC with serial connected send in
some way a BREAK signal to serial line, and BREAK in serial console
language are interpreted as Stop-A.

Now i live with serial cable disconnected, i plug these only if needed
and my SS10 have month of uptime... ;)))

--
dott. ing. Marco Gaiarin
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''      http://www.lanostrafamiglia.it/

  No alla censura del Web:	http://punto-informatico.it/petizione.asp