Re: Debian install on a Sparc 5

My guess is that the kernel in the 2.2 release has a bad bug in the ESP driver which affects the scsi bus.  I had this problem when I built my sparc 5 as well.  I got around it by sticking the disk in a sparc classic and doing the install there and getting an updated kernel, 2.4.x seems to have good esp support, but sometimes breaks other things, YMWV.  I haven't used any of the latest 2.2.x kernels.  I also don't know if 2.2r2 fixes this problem.

Good luck
  Andrew