Re: Building a kernal from offial sources.

> On Mar 28, John Turnbull illuminated with a virtual pen  :

> I am obliged to build a new kernel that has been patched for ntp
> pulse-per-second timing. To do this you need to use the official kernel
> sources from www.kernel.org at specific patch levels. Now I expect that
> the standard Intel kernel incantation will not cut it in Spark 2 land.
> What do I need to change in the standard:

make xconfig
make dep boot  (gives a kernel image at $linux_src/arch/sparc/vmlinux)
make modules modules_install

then copy the kernel image to / or /boot and edit /etc/silo.conf to show the
new kernel image.

/Jp...
--
Jean-Paul Blaquière             ||   Avatar of Computational
   japester@ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au   ||   Thaumaturgy