Re: OT: Which ROM for SMP SS10

Us!
Which Sun part number is on the cpu's?
Older cpu modules are not capable of SMP :-(
from the FE Handbook-

                           SM41 SuperSPARC Module
                       SS10 / SS630 / SS670 / SS690
                                Option 1161
                                  501-2258 <----an example part #
                                   40MHz
  1. The minimum operating system is Solaris 1.1 (SunOS 4.1.3).
  2. If two modules are installed, the minimum OS is Solaris 2.1.
  3. Mixing different module types is not supported.
  4. Set the SS10 clock speed to 80MHz.
  5. Surface mounted Fuse F0801 is not field replaceable.

     SuperSPARC Module Installation Guide, 801-2035-12.
© 1987-1999, Sun Microsystems Inc.

Tad

--
----