Re: ppp on sparc

Ben Collins wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 09:02:45PM +0100, Kenneth Johansson wrote:
> > I have problem getting ppp to work on 2.4.2 for sparc64. I run potato
> > with a few packages replaced to support the new kernel.
> >
> > I get this error
> > kernel: sys32_ioctl: Unknown cmd fd(0) cmd(40047437) arg(0006be18)
> >
> > The exact same versions of ppp-kernel work on x86.
>
> What program produces this? pppd? I'll check into it later if I can.
> Looks like a new ioctl that isn't being translated.

Yes it's pppd  it happens even before any traffic. try starting pppd in a server
mode where it simply wait on a remote connection but you have to turn on the
local option otherwise pppd waits on the modem and don't even try to start ppp.

pppd ttyS0 9600 local

---options
ms-dns 192.168.1.1
asyncmap 0
noauth
lcp-echo-interval 30
lcp-echo-failure 4
-----
and a dummy pap-sectrets file should do it.