Re: Problems with X

On Sat, 3 Mar 2001, Ragga Muffin wrote:

> > I have the message:
> >
> > PEXExtensionInit: Couldn't open default PEX font file  Roman_M
> >
> > in xdm.log
>      ^^^^^^^
> How are you "starting X" ?
> Do you mean you can't login at the xdm prompt ?
> Or doesn't xdm start up ?

xdm is working OK. At the xdm prompt I can login as root but not as normal
user. I mean, xdm accepts the password for all users, but for a
normal user, after accepting it, xdm is restarted. It's the same if I
login in text mode:

$ startx

There's no problem if I do it as root, but when I do it as normal user, X
doesn't starts up.

> > Mar  2 14:28:38 conga kernel: Unknown Keyboard ioctl: 40245408
>
> This, and the pex errors are harmless AFAIK.

It's what I have found but I don't have any other message in logs. I
thought it was a problem with permissions but I've looked for some missed
SUID or SGID but nothing seems to be wrong.

Any hint?

Thanks in advance.

Ruben