Re: Newbie questions

> > Do you get an oops report or does it lock up hard? I'd like to track this
> > bug down since I havent had access to a > 2 CPU machine for a while.
>
> No. it just stops. =^/
> Is there a way for me to help tracking it ?

If you have a keyboard, does the caps lock key work (ie the keyboard driver
is working)? If so you could use the magic sysrq combination to dump task
information.

Can you stop-a on the keyboard or send a break over the serial console?
If so then you can do ctrace, .registers, .locals at the OK prompt.

If it locks up hard then debugging becomes a little more difficult. Some
idea of the events up to the lockup will help.

Anton