Re: nedit orphaned ?

On Tue, 30 Jan 2001 Dinh-Tuan.Pham@imag.fr wrote:

>        Hi all,
>        After upgrading to woody, I found that my (old) nedit have been
> removed and there is no new version ? I have searched the pool
> directory both in the main and the non-free subdirectories (since the
> last version of nedit is now LPLed) but can't find nedit for any
> platform. The nedit of potato is however still accepted in woody by
> apt-get on an intel box but *not on a sparc box*. This cause a real
> problem since some of my users rely on nedit for their works.
> 	I would like to ask: is nedit no longer a debian package or
> just its maintainer has slept ?

nedit is not orphaned or removed and it's maintainer is responsive. Please
look at [1] to see why the current package wasn't built for sparc. It's
perhaps a bit long since the bug was filed, but don't forget that most
maintainers work for Debian in their spare time.

>         Thank for any info

cu,
Adrian

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/66280