Re: Network install on SparcStation 1+ : update

 "James Srinivasan" <jrs53@cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> OK, I'm now trying to boot off linux-a.out via a symlink and tftp which gets
> me a bit further. NFS on my boot machine seems to be broken, so once I've
> fixed that hopefully it's done.

Ok, if you want nfsroot as well, you need to boot like

boot net ip=sparc1+ip nfsroot=server:/nfsrootfolder

e.q.

boot net ip=123.111.222.333 nfsroot=123.111.222.444:/tftpboot/sparc-debian-root

Don't forget that before you configure the network, DNS is unavailable
so you can only use ip addresses for network installs etc.

HTH,

Ragga