Re: printing on sparc

On Fri, 19 Jan 2001, Gabor Zoltan Csejtey wrote:

> I have some news. After sending some text to the printer (DEskJet
> 720C) the sun halted but then I unplugged the printer cable from the
> sun it came alive again. So it seems a hardware problem ?
> Is there a similar printer port on the Ultra 10? It looks similar to
> the PC's.

Just for reference, I just had success with an old Apple LaserWriter
(Postscript) on the parallel port on an Ultra 1 running 2.2.17.  (This
printer probably doesn't tax the bi-directional capabilities of the port
very much, however:-).  Had I a nice DeskJet around, I'd try that, but
there are none around.

Here's what I did.  I don't know if all these are necessary, but life is
short so I haven't tried all exhaustive combinations.

	MAKEDEV lp
	MAKEDEV parport

And then in /etc/modules I added

	bpp