Re: Exec format error, but no gcc warnings

On Mon, Jan 08, 2001 at 12:32:18PM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
:On Mon, Jan 08, 2001 at 11:37:09AM -0500, Jonathan D. Proulx wrote:
:>
:> It then builds with with the same results from "ldd" and "file", BTW
:> using g77 as above, this builds fine on x86 arch, don't know wether
:> that's relevent at all...
:>
:
:Hmm...no experience with g77, but it looks like it is compiling for the
:wrong arch. What version of g77 is this? Can you provide me a sample g77
:"hello world" compiled this way, and tell me if it works?

OK, I don't do Fortran either, so I ditched g77 as it's not required,
made clean removed the broken binaries (which make clean doesn't).

What I've got in the make file now:

CC           = gcc
CCFLAGS      = -fomit-frame-pointer -O3 -funroll-loops
LINKER       = ld
LINKFLAGS    = $(CCFLAGS) -lm -lmpi -lcblas

(I've previously added -Wall to CCFLAGS and gotten no warnings)

using ld I do get one warning:
ld: warning: cannot find entry symbol _start; defaulting to 00000000000124ac

I get the same results without the g77.  Acording to the gcc info docs
"V8+ Required" shouldn't be a problem with the Ross Hypersparc CPU in
this box, athough v7 is the default.

expicitly stating -mcpu=v7 in CCFLAGS still produces "V8+ Required"

explicitly stating -msparclinux in LDFLAGS results in a ton of
undefined symbols, suggesting I need more -l<lib> flags for very basic
libraries, should I need a -lc explicitly??

-Jon