kiobuf on linux - sparc ? (URGENT)

All -

Please, does someone know if the latest release of linux debian for SPARC
machines, supports the kiobuf mechanism ?

We have recently made some linux kernel modifications but for i386
architectures ( linux 2.4.2 of Redhat 7.1) using kiobuf. We would like to
port our work to a SPARC machine using the debian package. How difficult
could it be ? in orther words, how different the implementations of linux
2.4.x kernel of redhat 7.1 and the latest debian release for SPARC  are ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Fabrice