Re: Xsun has me beat

On Wed, 14 Nov 2001, Hakan Kuecuekyilmaz wrote:

> > typed Xsun, but now I can't shut it down.  What's the key sequence to
> > kill Xsun?  It's stuck at the Debian Welcome screen.
> >
> > Mario
>
> can't you switch your console with ctrl+alt F1, or kill the server with
> ctrl+alt+backspace...
> you will find following similar line in your startx script:
>
> defaultserver=/usr/X11R6/bin/X
>
> change this to your path to xsun.

This was a real pain when I was setting up the xconfig on my U60, because
the server would grab control of the keyboard, whether it had a working
map or not, which often left the keys dead dead dead. I just ssh'd to it
from another machine and killed off the xserver. If you don't have access
to it from another computer you may have to do resort to the power switch.
=/

Brian
fade@etc.etc.etc.

"You can't depend on your judgement when your imagination
is out of focus."			-- Mark Twain