Re: Xsun has me beat

It's a SPARC 5. With startx there are other things it does than just the X server. I don't know too much detail, but it also starts the environment and the window manager etc. (through xinit or something). I typed Xsun, but now I can't shut it down. What's the key sequence to kill Xsun? It's stuck at the Debian Welcome screen.

Mario

Hakan Kuecuekyilmaz wrote:

#startx

(using VT number 7)

PEXExtensionsInit:  Couldn't open default PEX font file  Roman_M
PEXExtensionsInit:  Couldn't open default PEX font file  Roman_M

waiting for X server to shut down ....

As far as I know, you have to start 'xsun'  or 'Xsun'.
What kind of machine do you use? Why don't you use 2.4.14(15) and
XFree86?

regards
--
Hakan Kuecuekyilmaz, presently intern at Tecnomatix Technologies Germany | Tel: +49 711 1389- 257
Mittlerer Pfad 9                | <hakan@lisas.de>

This mail sent through IMP: webmail.fht-esslingen.de