Date: 05 Nov 2001 18:30:32 -0500
From: Darren Ellis <darren@ieworks.net>
To: bunk@debian.org
Subject: Help with Kernel 2.4.13 on Sparc 10

Hi,

I installed potato on a SPARC 10 with two 50MHz CPUs.  The installation
went fine, and then we added in the "Bunk debs."  Finally I downloaded
linux-2.4.13.tar.gz from ftp.kernel.org, configured and compiled the
kernel.

I copied /usr/src/linux/vmlinux to /vmlinux-2.4.13
I copied /usr/src/linux/System.map to /System.map-2.4.13

I properly, I think, edited /etc/silo.conf.  Here is my /etc/silo.conf:

    darren@ns1:~$ cat /etc/silo.conf

    partition=1
    root=/dev/sda1
    timeout=100

    image=/vmlinux-2.4.13
    label=linux
    read-only

    image=1/vmlinuz
    label=failsafe
    read-only

    darren@ns1:~$

When I reboot the machine and select Linux it fails on a watchdog
error.  I do not know why, and I am unable to find any answers on the
web.

Could you kindly tell me what I am doing wrong, and/or send me link to a
working 2.4.13 SMP kernel?

Thanks so much!

Darren Ellis