Re: [Fwd: How kernel sources are packaged?? (that's not a complain.. just to understand)]

> Just use 2.2.x kernels on sparc32 for now. There's not much that a 2.4.x
> kernel will buy you on an old system like that anyway.

I would have to disagree with that.  After upgrading a number of Sparc 5s
I run form the 2.2 series kernel to 2.4.8, I would swear performance
improved to a noticible degree. Not to mention its easier to impliment
lots of the new features that would require a kernel patch for the 2.2
series...

Anyways, (although I posted this to the list already) you can grab a
tarball of my (sparc-32-working) Linux 2.4.8 source at
http://home.att.ne.jp/iota/joe/ -- I have had very good luck with it so
far.

Hope that helps,

Joe.