2.4.9 not booting on Sun Enterprise 3000 (was: Sun Enterprise 3000 and 2.4.7 + others)

Hi!

Sorry it took so long to reply to this, but I don't go where the machine is
too much, and I've been busy lately, anyway, I repeated the tests with 2.4.9
both normal and smp.

Just to recall things a bit, the machine is a dual procesor Sun Enterprise
3000 with 256 megs of run and now runs a 2.2.20pre6 from vger cvs with
Debian testing smoothly.

>> but today I wanted to test 2.4 again, so I got both the normal and smp
>> versions of the 2.4.7 kernel on debian and I installed it.

> Thanks for testing this.

You welcome.

>> The result, the machine boots a little farther than before, but also gets
>> stuck, this are the final lines it prints on the console:

> Could you possibly provide the full text of the bootup? It may contain
> some other clues.

Sure, this time I got the minicom on the console to gather all the stuff
when booting.

Well, I hope this can help put some light in why this machine doesn't like
2.4 kernels but works ok with 2.2 ones. It always hangs when doing disk
operations, I don't know if this could mean anything or not, you'll see more
in the capture I'm attaching.

Thank you for your job and your help with this!

Regards...
--
Manty/BestiaTester -> http://manty.net