Kernel Image Upgrade.

Title: Kernel Image Upgrade.

Hi,

I took it upon myself to take my UltraSparc II  DUAL 200mhz machine thru an upgrade.  I so far have failed :)

I attempted to do this:

# apt-get install kernel-image-2.4.9-sun4u-SMP (whatever) and it downloaded and installed.

I then typed silo to make sure. And then rebooted.  The kernel took it seems, It started to decompress and such and then hung like this

Checking CPU 1 OK

And that is all she wrote... any clues on what to do next would be greatly appreciated.  It is a DUAL PROC Machine I just don't understand why it didn't take.

-matt

Matthew Chapman

# rm -rf /bin/laden