RE: Problems Installing Debian on a Sparc2

Thanks to those who've helped.

I think there must be something wrong with my CD ROM, I can install from
floppies without problems. After the "partitioning" section, the "install
Linux" section allows for varoius media but when I choose CD ROM nothing
happens, ie the light doesn't even come on and you can't hear/feel the CD
spinning, however doing a probe-scsi from the PROM and during the SILO
initialisation, you can see the CD ROM detected.
Either way, I'll get it happening off the floppies and then try and figure
how to do it from the CDs. Or if there's some way of installing all the apps
from the install CDs once the actual system is set up, then I'll do that. I
can't be stuffed hand installing Gbs worth of software.

One more question, why is there a /boot mount ? Admittedly I've only ever
used RedHat before so maybe this is standard but I've never seen it.

Anyway, thanks people for the help.

  Damian Del Campo
  Software Engineer,  SAGRN Project
  E-mail  	Damian.DelCampo@team.telstra.com