On Sun, Sep 23, Fabbione wrote:

> Hi all,
> 	sorry to ask and might be an offtopic question.. I hope no...
> Does SILO support boot on a RAID-1 software disk???
> I've a small SS2 with 2 hd and since I wanna run some small services on
> it
> atleast I wanna ensure a minimum of redundacy of the system....

I don't think that this will work, you should create a small /boot
partiton on the boot disk. If this should work silo needs to know
about software RAID-1 and how to activate it and code to read
the blocks from it.

Thorsten Kukuk       http://www.suse.de/~kukuk/        kukuk@suse.de
SuSE GmbH            Deutschherrenstr. 15-19       D-90429 Nuernberg
Key fingerprint = A368 676B 5E1B 3E46 CFCE  2D97 F8FD 4E23 56C6 FB4B