Re: Cannot mount / as read/write filesystem

Sorry for answering you so late, but I had a bad family problem.
> Now I came back to my severe SPARC problem. Yes, if I run:
>
> mount / -o remount,rw
>
> / is mounted read-write. Then I issued:
>
> chmod 755 /etc/init.d/rc
> chmod 755 /etc/init.d/rcS
>
> but when I reboot, root (/) is still mounted as read-only and I
> receive a lot of error messages complaining about /proc mounted
> as read-only and then something coming from modprobe. By the way
> how can I stop the log of booting in order to read what is
> scrolling down on the screen?

A few emails before you send a copy of your fdisk output; as far as I remember
there was an 'r' flag. With my fdisk I can toggle an 'read only' flag in
fdisk -  then the partition has an 'u' flag.
Maybe it is a fdisk problem....?

regards

--
Hakan Kuecuekyilmaz, FHT-Esslingen
<hakan@lisas.de>

This mail sent through IMP: webmail.fht-esslingen.de