Re: (newbie) Installation interruption or impatience

So sorry -- I realized that more info was required, but didn't want to clog
the works.

It's a Sparc IPC w/ 48 meg memory (32 ram /16 rom), 1.3 gig scsi hdd, cdrom,
tape backup . . .  I'm installing from the cdrom from disks I purchased from
Debian after I had the same prob w/ floppies I made from the free disk
images at Debian -- figured it was a media prob.

I checked the log. Other than the timestamp (and therefore the system time)
being about 8 hours ahead, nothing seems to have happened.

There are two lines:

aug 18 16:05:40 (none) Syslogd Started: BusyBox v0.43
(2000.08.03-15:11*0000)

aug 18 16:08:22 (none) user.info dbootstrap[38]:
__

I am able to use F3 to access the shell: I can 'pwd' and get root, and I
'ls' and get 'I/O error' -- beyond that, I am unsure what to do here

Thanks for your quick response.  I am interested in your interpretation.

C.