Re: boot-woes on a sparcstation 1

On Sat, Aug 18, Robert Waldner wrote:

> Hi!
> I finally got round to try installing debian on my (tnx, az) SS1, but
>  it fails to boot correctly.
> It seems to load tftpboot.img via TFTP correctly, but as soon as
>  getting the file is finished, it bombs out with "Data Access Exception".

The most time I get this message the image is to big for this machine
(means making the image some kb smaller solves the problem).

Thorsten Kukuk       http://www.suse.de/~kukuk/        kukuk@suse.de
SuSE GmbH            Deutschherrenstr. 15-19       D-90429 Nuernberg
Key fingerprint = A368 676B 5E1B 3E46 CFCE  2D97 F8FD 4E23 56C6 FB4B