serial console on blade100

I am having a little trouble getting kernel messages to print to the
serial line on my blade100.

I am used to x86, so I might have to do something different on sparc so
that is what I am asking.  On x86, if you pass (at the LILO prompt)
"console=tty1 console=ttyS0", it will print kernel messages to both the
VGA and serial lines.  The last console= message it gets will be where
the /dev/console will print to, so initscript message will get sent
there.

I have tried this on sparc and it only prints out messages to the VGA no
matter what order I pass the console= messages to.  If I only give it
one console=ttyS0, the boot hangs very early in the boot sequence.

Maybe this all has to do with how the openboot figures out what is the
console...if there is a keyboard plugged in, it throws messages to the
VGA, and if not, to the serial.  In that case, is there a way to change
the prom to print out to the serial line (so, like SILO gets printed
there as well) as well as the VGA?

thanks,

-tduffy