Re: can't go to certain web sites?

Juergen Kreileder writes:
 > Andy Wettstein <awettstein@cait.org> writes:
 >
 > > Here's a weird one.  I've got a friend using Debian on ultra 5, but
 > > he can't access certain web sites.  Notably www.sun.com, but he can
 > > access several other sites sites.  He has tried mozilla, opera,
 > > konqueror, and lynx and all of them have the same problems.  They
 > > just sit there and time out after a while.  The only thing I see
 > > that is odd is that on a dmesg there are lines and lines of this:
 > >
 > > hw tcp v4 csum failed
 > >
 > > Has anyone else had a problem like this?  This doesn't seem normal.
 >
 > Disable ECN: echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn

It seems that I get this problem too (on an intel box running
linux-2.4.6).

It would be nice if one can disable ECN by an option file, such as
the file /etc/network/options

Can this be implemented ? I don't really know how the networking script
is written and am not good at scripting

--
PHAM Dinh Tuan                         | e-mail: Dinh-Tuan.Pham@imag.fr
Laboratoire de Modelisation et Calcul  | Tel: +33 4 76 51 44 23