smbfs-module in kernel-2.4.5 packlage (woody)

Hi List,

is there a special cause why there is no smbfs-support (module or
compiled in) in the 2.4.5i-sun4u kernel package? I don't feel save on
our sparc and would like to stick whith the supplied package but need
smbfs. Will new versions contain it or do I have to compile myself (no
hints about kernel-package needed, i know it). Is there maybe a
version in sid with smbfs support?

Ah, i'm running woody and my package version is
kernel-image-2.4.5-sun4u_12_sparc

Thanks,

Karsten
--