Re: XFree86 Rel. 4.1 Keyboard Configuration (SPARC)

On Tue, 10 Jul 2001, Ben Collins wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 10, 2001 at 03:50:32PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > On Mon, Jul 09, 2001 at 04:27:17PM +0200, Guenter Millahn wrote:
> > > Section "InputDevice"
> > >         Identifier  "Keyboard0"
> > >         Driver      "keyboard"
> > >         Option      "XkbRules" "sun"
> > >         Option      "XkbModel" "type5_unix"
> > >         Option      "XkbLayout" "en_US"
> > >         Option      "XkbKeymap" "type5_unix"
> > > EndSection
> >
> > This is very close to what I need to support Sun keyboards properly.
> >
> > If someone can find a configuration that works and uses only:
> >
> > XkbRules
> > XkbModel
> > XkbLayout
>
> Probably just use what's above minus the XkbKeymap option. I need to
> install a window manager on my u30 to see, but I'll let you know.
>
> Ben

Hi all XFree86 keyboard researchers.

I tried the above without the XkbKeymap on my woody Sparc LX, and it
didn't work. But the Config suggested by "B.C.J.O." works for me too.
Thank you very much.

> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier      "Keyboard0"
>         Driver          "keyboard"
>         Option          "CoreKeyboard"
>         Option          "XkbRules"      "sun"
>         Option          "XkbModel"      "type5"
>         Option          "XkbLayout"     "us"
> Endsection

Best wishes,
Guenter
--
Dipl.-Ing. Guenter Millahn         Brandenburg University of Technology
Systems, Network & DB Admin        CS Dept / DB & IS Research Group