Re: booting off cdrom

Pierfrancesco Caci wrote:

> :-> "Ben" == Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> writes:
>
>     > When the system boots, hit the STOP and A keys to get to an "ok" prompt.
>     > Once there type "boot cdrom". This assumes that your cdrom is SCSI ID 6.
>
> Dumb question...
> What if the cdrom is IDE? Is the boot code tuned at the factory?

Yer right, it is a dumb question.  Just kidding.  But of course it
does.  You mean like Ultra 5s and 10s and the like, I assume.  It's
really an alias so you can actually set it to be whatever you want,
make sure you know what you are doing before trying that.  You can
also say "boot <full-designation-for-cdrom-device>" if you know the
full designation, for instance, if your SCSI cdrom isn't ID 6 or
something.