Re: (newbee alert) cant save changes to edited scripts.

because i am lazy and have to manually type all that out, i am just going to
cut to the chase.....
# mount  reveals that / failed on mount, and was subsequently remounted -ro
because of errors.

told you i was new ;)

anyhow, i have tried to use other sdd's previously and that would lead me to
believe that it is not hardware but configuration related.  it would appear
that this is related to fdisk.  i used the s option and made it whole drive.
i then partitioned the sdb as sdb1  sdb2 sdb3, with ext2 partitions.  they
mount fine.

a peer of mine (very MCSE but working to change) suggested that i fdisk with
a different disty (like redhat) then put debian on the existing partitions
from that fdisk.  the reason he said this is from his experience(small) of
having debian fdisk bork on sparc.  another peer (heavy *nix experience)
said just put redhat on it and be done, i refrained from smacking him.

anyhow, my question is:  how should i fdisk this puppy to get me through
this problem?  i have read the FM and have done things as near to "by the
book" as i can, which is why i am bothering you fine people.

thanks,