Re: upgraade to woody?

On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 06:03:33PM -0400, Ben Collins wrote:
> Edit /etc/apt/sources.list and change the words "stable" or "potato" to
> "woody". Then run:
>
> # apt-get update
> # apt-get dist-upgrade
>

> That should pretty much be it. Look out for problems, as woody is still
> in a testing phase.

A few days ago, I subjected a well-running Potato Sparcstation 4 to
this, and it did not work very well at all.

It was a big Linux-style failure.  I can still boot to multiuser mode
and bring eth0 up manually and no files were lost.  In a pinch, I could
still use this machine, but it has _very_ nasty package problems.

Unfortunately, I have not fixed it yet, as until soon, all I have is
dialup, and it's just too slow to re-download lots of packages (or just
install woody from scratch.)

--
Jason Smith
Linux and Unix