Re: Libc6 2.1.3-18 broken ?

Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> writes:

> On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 10:47:28AM -0700, Philippe Troin wrote:
> > I have problems with libc6 2.1.3-18: it's missing some symbols...
> >
> > For example setresuid is missing, the following program compile but
> > does not link:
> >
> >     #include <stdlib.h>
> >     int main()
> >     {
> >       return setresuid(0,0,0,0);
> >     }
> >
> > The same program links correctly on i386...
>
> The kernel headers (2.2.19pre17) used to compile libc6 2.1.3-18 did not
> define this syscall, so it was not included in libc6 on sparc.

Uh ? Setresuid has been here for ages...

Plus, glibc contains the prototype for setresuid, it's just a missing
symbol in the library...

> > I'm currently rebuilding libc6 to see if it's yet an other compilation
> > "chroot" issue.
>
> '"chroot" issue'? The buildd does not suffer from a chroot issue, that
> was a security team issue. 2.1.3-18 was compiled by me on a machine
> running stable.

I was not sure about that... There are so many broken packages in
debian-sparc (gnupg uninstallable, wdm uninstallable) that I thought
it might have been another compilation-on-unstable uploaded to stable
or the like...

How do I deal with a package that requires setresuid ?

Phil.