Asante EN/SC SCSI ethernet

I have an old Asante SCSI ethernet adapter that I would like to use as
a second ethernet connector with a Sparc 5.  Can anyone confirm or
deny that this adapter will work with a Linux Sparc?  Will it be able
to autodetect the ethernet chip through the SCSI interface, so it is
just a matter of whether the chip itself is supported?  What chip is
in this adapter, an Asante EN/SC that was sold as an ethernet
connector for Macintosh some years ago?

I am asking first rather than trying it because I will have to seek
out the right SCSI cable to hook it up (EN/SC has DB25 connection),
and I'd like to have some reassurance that the effort will be worth it.

Thanks in advance,
Kelsey

--
Kelsey Jordahl