[q]: mouse device for sparc (XF86 related)

Hello ..

I'm new to the debian distribution and am having trouble with properly
configuring XFree on SPARC.  Basically ..

/dev/sunmouse -> mouse

points to a non-existent driver /dev/mouse file. the only other devices
created by the os are /dev/usbmouse, which is not appropriate for sun.

hardware -
Sun Ultra 5
USA Type5 keyboard (UNIX)
standard sun mouse that connects to keyboard

perhaps I need to use mknod, but I'm not sure of the syntax for mouse
devices ... checking manpages in the meanwhile.

quick replies appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
John Mastrolia <jmastrol@yahoo.com>

=====