SS10 not booting off internal hard drive

Hey, all.

I've got a SS10 with two 500 MB drives ( roughly ). I've made sure that
both have the Sun whole-disk partition on them ( 's' in fdisk ), but it
seems no matter what I do, I can't get it to boot off the internal disk.
Here's the partitioning scheme now ( sizes are rough estimates ):

 Disk1:
  /dev/sda1   10M   /boot
  /dev/sda2   64M   swap
  /dev/sda3   --    Whole Disk
  /dev/sda4   300M  /
  /dev/sda5   130M  /usr/share

 Disk2:
  /dev/sda1   430M  /usr
  /dev/sda2   64M   swap
  /dev/sda3   --    Whole Disk

Silo.conf:

partition=1
root=/dev/sda4
timeout=100
image=1/vmlinuz
label=linux
read-only

I can boot from floppy, and from cdrom, but everytime the SS boots, I get
this:

Boot device: /iommu/sbus/espdma@f,400000/esp@f,800000/sd@3,0 File and
args:
Illegal Instruction

attempts to:

boot disk:4

fail similarly.

I'm pretty new to the Sparc architecture, so any help would be
appreciated. I'd prefer not to have to mess with boot floppies or boot
cds...

Thanks,

Zac

$name="zachery bir";                    $email="zbir@baymountain.com";
$position="systems engineer ii";          $altposition="witch doctor";
$voice="804.644.5109";              $web="http://www.baymountain.com";;