Re: updating to xfree 4 with mach64

 BC> This is a sparc issue. Basically, you need to remove xserver-xfree86,
 BC> and keep xserver-mach64.

 BC> Make sure that /etc/X11/X is a symlink to /usr/X11R6/bin/XF86_Mach64

 BC> That should keep the old mach64 server running well. Also, you may want
 BC> to check to see that you have the latest potato version of
 BC> xserver-mach64.

Doing that, I can only get a consistent set of packages by using the
v4 xserver-common and the v3 xserver-mach64, but that won't allow X to
run.  It looks non-trivial for someone who doesn't know the setup to
fix this by putting the right things in the right places...

Does anyone actually have this working to be able to provide a recipe?