user space nfs-server

I've installed the user space nfs-server (pkg version: 2.2beta47-4pot)
on my SS10 which is running potato.

But exported directorites seem to be including external file systems,
ie:

   /dev/sda1   /
   /dev/sda2   /usr
   /dev/proc    /proc

export:
   /    some.machine.domain(ro)

and on some.machine:

   mount ss10:/ /mnt
   ls -l /mnt/proc

gives a listing of the proc directory.

This is *not* what I want - I want to use NFS exports to do backups
of the machine (but I don't want the proc fs!)

I know the kernel mode server does this but I thought the user-space
one didn't. I've got quite a few other i386 and PPC machines running
Debian with the user space nfs-server and they all work correctly.

Anybody got any idea?

Nic