Re: Problems netbooting from SparcStation 20

On Sat, Feb 24, 2001 at 01:47:57PM -0800, Philippe Troin wrote:
> I managed to grab a used Sparc Station 20. It's headless, and I was
> able to install Debian on it through the floppy and NFS.
>
> Now, I'm trying to netboot it and experienced some problems:
>
>  - if the sparc is connected to a dumb 10-BaseT hub, eveything works
>    fine.
>
>  - if it's connected to a 10/100 switch, I get "carrier errors".
>
> Anybody encountered this problem ?

This sounds to me like a full/half duplex problem. Try setting the switch
(and the sparc) to half duplex. If this works, you might try setting them
both to full duplex. It is my experience that 100mbit autosensing between
switches and suns doesn't work. Best solution is to turn it off.

Rene
--
  Rene van Valkenburg         - IT Support, Hogeschool van Utrecht
  System Administrator and consultant at large.