Re: some strange kernel message...

Mandi! Sean R. Lynch
  In chel di` si favelave...

> I think you need to disable the virtual console gettys in /etc/inittab;
> just comment them out, since they're useless anyway without a monitor and
> keyboard. Make sure you are running getty on your serial port though, or
> you won't be able to get into the box at all if you lose network
> connectivity.

Done. But i've also seen this in kern.log:

Feb 21 10:23:43 sv3 kernel: keyboard: not present
Feb 21 10:23:43 sv3 kernel: Console: ttyS0 (Zilog8530)

so i think console are just (and automagically) redirected to ttyS0
(ttya), i also think 9600,N,1. Right?!
[in this time i cannot test directly... ;-)))]

--
dott. ing. Marco Gaiarin			gaio(at)sv.lnf.it
La Nostra Famiglia - Polo FVG			root @ CED