Re: SMP on 2xSM50?

On Mon, 19 Feb 2001, Jay D Allen wrote:
>     Is anyone successfully running Linux on SMP sm50 (thats a 50Mhz with no
> cache) Sparc?  I have a  Sparc 10 that runs Debian 2.2r2 fine in
> uniprocessor but periodically freezes/halts when running with both procs.
> It boots (most of the time) and runs for a few minutes.  The /proc/cpuinfo
> shows both CPUs, and that they are online.

Ah! Maybe that's my problem!

I have a SS20 with 2 50MHz modules in it and it sort of randomly halts as
well...though I've had uptimes as long as 6 days before a freeze.

I just got the machine and had assumed it was a kernel 2.4 issue because that
was the first version that I compiled for SMP, but your mail sheds new light
on the situation.

Sorry I don't have any actual suggestions, but thank you because I would
never have known the tidbit from the Solaris docs.

Guess it's time to go get a hypersparc module or two :)

--
Shawn Boyette :: mdxi@collapsar.net :: http://mdxi.collapsar.net/
He had reached the stage in a young man's life when the grimness of the