Ultra5 - Potato - Multiple HME Interfaces

Hi -

I have an UltraSPARC 5 running debian (potato). Everything runs very
well except when I insert a second Ethernet Card. The built-in HME card is
recognized and configured properly by the kernel. The problem occurs when
I add the second hme card. The kernel assignes the first card's MAC addr
to both cards. At that point, all networking fails.

I understand that when loading the sunhme module, the kernel may retrieve
the MAC addr from openboot. Openboot seems to only know the addr for the
primary (built-in) card.

Has anyone else experienced this? Did I miss a line on the webpage that
describes how to get around this?

Thanks much,

Dennis Keller