Re: X resolutions

Hi,

My appologies for a late reply (been quite busy lately).

As I have not owned a machine with at Creator 3D card I can give some
hints and point you in the right direction.

The "Frame Buffer FAQ" written by David Tong of Sun Microsystems can be
obtained from:

http://sunsolve.uk.FAQ/FrameBuffer.html
http://tarl.net/FAQ/FrameBuffer.html
http://www.uark.edu/sunfaq/FrameBuffer.html

The Creator 3D series 2 supports up to 1920x1200 in single buffer mode,
I'm not certain of supported resolutions but if they're not listed in the
FAQ you can try different settings at the eprom:

eg. at the  ok prompt

ok setenv output-device screen:r1280x1024x76
ok printenv
ok reset

the printenv line checks whether the resolution is correctly recorded in
the eprom memory and reset reboots the machine with your prefered
resolution.

You can then experiment with different resolutions.

Be aware that X needs to start before you'll see whether you're
successful.

Best of luck,

Regards,

Peter Firmstone.